A bunch of new Prometheus stills and concept art
Some great looking stills and concept art have recently emerged. The concept art portion was taken from the article “10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Making of Prometheus” by io9, which is a fascinating read in itself. Here’s a summary of the “10 things” in the article:
10. We could have gotten to see Mars being terraformed.
9. Any resemblance between the Prometheus and Serenity is purely accidental.
8. The movie’s creature designer also worked on Alien Vs. Predator
7. Pretty much all of those sets were built practically and modeled in 3-D.
6. Ridley Scott was constantly sketching and storyboarding.
5. The surface of LV-223 is a mixture of real-life vistas from Earth and NASA images.
4. The Prometheus art team started very, very small.
3. There’s an altar to H.R. Giger inside the “Head Room.”
2. A chiaroscuro-style balance of light and shadow is at the heart of the film’s aesthetic.
1. The creatures could have been much more monstrous.
For more detailed descriptions, check out the article at the source: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Making of Prometheus
And finally the images:
The new images below are lifted from this article http://www.fxguide.com/featured/prometheus-rebuilding-hallowed-vfx-space , which is a fairly detailed look into the methods used by WETA to create the VFX for Prometheus.
Thanks to seeasea for the links!