Facts – What We Know So Far
(updated: December 18, 2011)
- Official synopsis:
Ridley Scott, director of “Alien” and “Blade Runner,” returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
- Release date: June 8, 2012 (USA).
- Cast List.
- Genre: Sci-fi, Horror - Of course, what I want to do is scare the living shit out of you (Ridley Scott).
- Prometheus is part of the Alien universe – Link 1, Link 2, Link 3.
- Thematically, Prometheus is about ‘God versus Science‘.
- Focus on contact with the Space Jockey race.
- Story doesn’t take place on Earth in any significant way.
- In the story Prometheus is the name of the human crew’s space ship.
- Michael Fassbender’s character is an android.
- The last 8 minutes of Prometheus evolve into a pretty good DNA of the Alien one.
- HR Giger is involved. Confirmed by Ridley Scott here.
- Xenomorphs will have a considerably different look and will do perverse things.
- It will not be the xenomorphs as we know them in Alien (and/or Aliens).
- What we see of the Jockey in the ’79 movie is actually a biomechanical suit. Another source here.
- Lindelof says Prometheus will not be gory but the horror will be more psychological in nature.
- Will have as many practical effects as possible.
- Theatrical release might be PG-13.
- Designed for 3-D.
- Ridley Scott wanted to do a sequel immediately.
- The ending of Prometheus will not lead into the 1979 movie.
- Again, if Prometheus were to have a sequel, it would not be Alien.
- Charlize says Prometheus is not a prequel.
- Michael Fassbender’s ‘Prometheus’ Character Inspired By Greg Louganis.
- Fassbender says there are creatures in the movie that you will recognize.
- Noomi Rapace says her character in the end is such a survivor. << NEW
- Logan Marshall-Green’s character Holloway is Elizabeth Shaw’s love interest.
- Charlize says Patrick Wilson’s character is all in flashback.
- Man sees 3 aliens having lunch.
- Another reports mentions an alien with a domed-shaped head.
- Highly likely Weyland Corp logo (company before Weyland-Yutani).
- There will be two droids.
- An enormous semi-human head piloting the ship.
- In this suit is a humanoid alien.
- Two Space Jockeys listed as Engineer and Elder Engineer.
- Two human space ships – Prometheus & Magellan.
- Leaked detailed synopsis – “Paradise” October 2011 version.
- Leaked detailed synopsis – KFS June 2011 version.
- Prometheus Trailer description by a privileged theatre owner.
- Weyland gives a speech announcing Prometheus ship launch.